- Saturday 9 December. Cumbria March to Save our Services. Leave Castle park, Whitehaven at 10am.
- Tuesday 12 December. London Keep our NHS Public lobby of London's Strategic Health Authority st the TUC, Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1 at 9.30am. Stop NHS privatisation, cuts and closures.
- Friday 15 December PUSH National day of action. Guy's Hospital. Lunchtime protest meeting at 12.30pm at the Snowsfields entrance.
Department of Health, Whitehall, London SW1. Starting at 5.30pm. The 'ghost of NHS past', accompanied by health protesters will be haunting Patricia Hewitt.
Donate to the Socialist Party
Coronavirus crisis - Finance appeal
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
The government has now ripped up its 'austerity' mantra and turned to policies that not long ago were denounced as socialist. But after the corona crisis, it will try to make the working class pay for it, by trying to claw back what has been given.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- Our 'fighting coronavirus workers' charter', outlines a programme to combat the virus and protect workers' living conditions.
- When the health crisis subsides, we must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to donate to our special coronavirus appeal.
In The Socialist 7 December 2006:
NHS campaigns unite
Blair's health service lies
NHS mass protests continue
Building the national day of action
ITC programme fails
Diary of events
War and terrorism
Bush and Blair still in denial
"The greatest strategic disaster in American history"
Strike threat forces victory
300,000 workers in PCS strike Ballot
"Merry Christmas Mr SCCrooge"
Blood service staff prepared to fight job losses
UCU: Left victory in sight
JJB workers fight sackings
"Stop the rent rises!"
Campaign to Defeat Fees is building across London
CDF online petition launched!
Fight Blair's divisive academy programme
Britain's Muslims under siege - which way forward?
"Inspired and informed"
Do you have to be red to be green?
Socialism 2006 - another major step forward
Socialist Party news and analysis
200 march against Lincoln's far right
Trident - a waste of our money
Privatised rail bosses hike up fares
MPs wannabe rich
International socialist news and analysis
Chávez re-election - a set-back for the right
Balance sheet of WASG national conference
Political tensions rage in Bolivia
The Socialist 7 December 2006 |
Join the Socialist