Link to this page: https://secure.socialistparty.org.uk/articles/20708
Posted on 15 May 2015 at 12:17 GMT
A weekend of discussion and debate on how to change the world
Hosted by the Socialist Party
7 & 8 November 2015, central London
Millions of people will feel fear and a sense of gloom as the Tories spell out their plans - to wipe out the welfare state, destroy the trade unions, and privatise everything in sight to the enrichment of the already super-rich.
Never was a bold socialist opposition more needed. We are facing the fight of our lives. Socialism 2015 will bring together working class fighters from the trade unions, students, young workers and community and anti-cuts campaigns.
The background is crisis-ridden capitalism, a system so unequal that on current trends the 1% of the world's population will own more wealth than the other 99% combined by 2016. War, poverty, unemployment, and austerity blight the lives of billions.
Socialism 2015 will provide a vital opportunity to discuss and organise the building an independent working class political voice, preparing anti-austerity action in the unions, including defence of the right to strike, working among young people to build organised resistance, and putting forward a clear socialist alternative to cuts and capitalism.
Rally for Socialism
Saturday 7 November
Camden Centre, Judd St, WC1H 9JE
Workshops & debates
Register from 2pm,
Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way, WC1H 0AL
Click here to buy your ticket
Golden ticket (with hostel) £60/£40
20% discount if ticket is booked before 1 September (excluding rally)
For more information and to buy tickets call 020 8988 8777 or click here to buy online
Donate to the Socialist Party
Coronavirus crisis - Finance appeal
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
The government has now ripped up its 'austerity' mantra and turned to policies that not long ago were denounced as socialist. But after the corona crisis, it will try to make the working class pay for it, by trying to claw back what has been given.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- Our 'fighting coronavirus workers' charter', outlines a programme to combat the virus and protect workers' living conditions.
- When the health crisis subsides, we must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to donate to our special coronavirus appeal.
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 079 8202 1969
East Mids: 077 3797 8057
London: 075 4018 9052
North East: 078 4114 4890
North West 079 5437 6096
South West: 077 5979 6478
Southern: 078 3368 1910
Wales: 079 3539 1947
West Mids: 024 7655 5620
Yorkshire: 077 0671 0041