Link to this page: https://secure.socialistparty.org.uk/articles/30469
Posted on 27 March 2020 at 12:59 GMT
London Socialist Party: Friday Fightback - protest clap and noise!
Friday 27th March 2020, 12 noon
Everywhere - wherever you are
- Protect workers on the front-line! Fight for our NHS!
12 noon every Friday till all workers are protected from Covid-19. In front of wherever you are, whether that be the front gate of your work or your home, your balcony. Clap hands, shout support, rattle keys, bang pots and pans, blow whistles, make some noise somehow! Do it on your own, with family, friends, workmates, with trade union and socialist banners and flags.
Do it responsibly, with social distance!
Film your protest and put it out there. #FridayFightback
- NO more money to the private profiteers - cancel all PFI debt and spend the money on protective equipment for healthcare and other workers
- Reverse austerity in the public sector, we demand work or full pay - for zero-hour contract workers and self-employed people too! Put people to work where it's needed.
- Take over private health facilities. Democratic nationalisation and socialist planning
- For the trade unions to build the action necessary to make sure the working class does not pay for this crisis! Bail out the workers, not the bankers!
Donate to the Socialist Party
Coronavirus crisis - Finance appeal
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
The government has now ripped up its 'austerity' mantra and turned to policies that not long ago were denounced as socialist. But after the corona crisis, it will try to make the working class pay for it, by trying to claw back what has been given.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- Our 'fighting coronavirus workers' charter', outlines a programme to combat the virus and protect workers' living conditions.
- When the health crisis subsides, we must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to donate to our special coronavirus appeal.
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 079 8202 1969
East Mids: 077 3797 8057
London: 07748 534 891
North East: 078 4114 4890
North West 079 5437 6096
South West: 077 5979 6478
Southern: 078 3368 1910
Wales: 079 3539 1947
West Mids: 024 7655 5620
Yorkshire: 077 0671 0041