Link to this page: https://secure.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/521/3819
Troops out of Iraq now!
Five years since the invasion
Called by Stop the War Coalition, CND and BMI
Saturday 15 March, Assemble 12 noon, Trafalgar Square, London
- 1,220,580 Iraqis killed since the invasion. Almost one in two households in Baghdad have lost a family member.
- Over 170 UK troops and over 3,900 US troops killed.
- Global military spending for 2007- $1.2 trillion
- The UK spent £7.44 billion and the Ministry of Defence estimates that the cost of war and occupation in Iraq between 2002 and 2006 was £5.17 billion.
- Baghdad - 8 hours of electricity supply a day. Only a third of the city is connected to water mains. Life expectancy in Afghanistan - 46 years.
- No to all imperialist wars and occupations.
- For the immediate withdrawal of the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan!
- For an immediate and drastic cut in military spending worldwide.
- A global campaign against nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.
- For the right of the Iraqi and Afghan people to determine their own future.
- For a new mass party for working people in Britain - a powerful ally for the anti-war movement.
- For workers' unity and socialist internationalism!
In The Socialist 20 February 2008:
Socialist Party news
Socialist Party Marxist analysis
Socialist Party NHS campaign
International socialist news and analysis
Socialist Party review
Socialist Party workplace news
Workplace news in brief