Link to this page: https://secure.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/454/5445
From The Socialist newspaper, 14 September 2006
The Socialist Party says:
- Bring the NHS into public ownership and rebuild it as a publicly
funded service free at the point of use, with immediate cash to end
the crisis of under-funding.
- Remove the trusts, abolish the internal market, cancel the debts. Representatives of NHS workers, trade unions and health service users should make
decisions about how the NHS is run and what its priorities are.
- No to health privatisation and 'the market'.
- Abandon the Private Finance Initiative (PFI). No more profiteering
by building companies and banks. All new hospitals to be built with
public funding, not for private profit and using direct labour.
- Nationalise the pharmaceutical industry, the pharmacy chains and
medical supply industry under working-class control and management to
end the massive subsidy these parasites drain from the NHS. Integrate
these services into a democratically controlled NHS.
- Cleaning, catering and other services should not be run for
- A minimum wage of at least £8 an hour and a 35-hour week for all
- A socialist programme to eliminate poverty and inequality - the
biggest killer and cause of ill-health.
Why not click here to join the Socialist Party, or click here to donate to the Socialist Party.
In The Socialist 14 September 2006:
Socialist Party NHS campaign
United action can win!
NHS Logistics workers vote to strike against privatisation
Our prescription - a socialist NHS!
Opposition forces Trusts to retreat
The Socialist Party says:
Socialist Party campaigns
No to war
When Bonio met Tonio
Ruth Kelly fails to answer
Time for a new workers' party
Globalisation - what it is and how to fight it!
Campaigning against the far-right BNP
Don't sign 'good behaviour' contracts
Socialist Party workplace news and analysis
Blair's last TUC conference - good riddance!
Public sector workers' anger gets a hearing
Build the campaign to save Burberry
Organising migrant workers
Agency workers vote 100% for union recognition
International socialist news and analysis
Calderon confirmed as president but opposition protests continue
Brutal attack by company thugs on CWI members in Almata
The Socialist 14 September 2006 |
Join the Socialist
Phone our national office on 020 8988 8777
Locate your nearest Socialist Party branch Text your name and postcode to 07761 818 206
Regional Socialist Party organisers:
Eastern: 0798 202 1969
East Mids: 0773 797 8057
London: 020 8988 8786
North East: 0784 114 4890
North West 07954 376 096
South East: 020 8988 8777
South West: 07759 796 478
Southern: 07833 681910
Wales: 07935 391 947
West Mids: 02476 555 620
Yorkshire: 0114 264 6551